Thursday, October 16, 2014

Reason to Say Fuck You to Smart Phones #7047

Smart Phones for Stupid Sheeple #7047

I don't own a smart phone or a tablet.  I own a dumb phone and may upgrade to an only dim witted phone because Tracfone offers triple minutes with it.

I hate cell phones in general although I do tolerate their use for conversations.

I think people who whip them out at concerts should be asked to turn them off.

The same for people who use them in restaurants.

I don't Twitter or for that matter text.  Send me a text and I never read it.

I don't play games on it.

Watch a movie on a four inch screen when I have a big screen at home?  You're kidding, right?

Spend umpteen dollars a month on wireless service so I can be tracked by the NSA and who knows how many other government and NGO organizations.  You have to be fucking joking...

I turn my phone off when I'm not making a call to conserve battery life and make it harder to track.

Why would anyone with a drop of common sense put all sorts of personal data including access to one's bank accounts and  credit cards on a device so prone to theft and or hacking?

I have a land line and all sorts of annoying assholes feel compelled to call me to try and sell me crap. 

Now if I wanted said crap I am perfectly capable of going to my computer and finding a reputable source for the fore mentioned crap.  Not only that I can check out the sources to make sure they aren't out to rip me off.

I am tired as hell of being assaulted 24/7/365 by advertisers.

I have never seen a billboard that was worth cutting down a tree to erect.  I would rather look at a slum or junkyard than a billboard.

Now they are planning on further invading our privacy.

New York Times: Businesses Are Turning to Beacons, and It’s Going to Be O.K.


Oct. 15, 2014

THE beacons are here. And they might not be all bad.
Beacons, tiny low-powered radio transmitters that send signals to phones just feet away, have quickly become a new front in the advertising industry’s chase to find you whenever, and exactly wherever, you are.
Although most consumers are just learning about these devices, tens or even hundreds of thousands of them have been installed across the country: outdoors on buildings, inside stores and even at National Football League and Major League Baseball stadiums.
The point of the devices is to send a specific signal, using low-energy Bluetooth, to phones that come into proximity, as long as those phones are running apps that can respond to the beacon. Those codes then set off an action on the phone, like a coupon, a reminder, a reward or just information. A beacon at the gates of a baseball stadium could open a map to the user’s seat and offer a beer or hot dog coupon.
If that puts some wanna be rich tech-holes out of work so be it...

No comments: